The Relaxation Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Relaxation Zone

Come here and just talk about anything to anyone, unwind, listen to some music, play some games, and just relax.

HomeSearchLatest imagesnyanyanyanRegisterLog in

Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5189
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? Empty
PostSubject: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 am

A question came to my mind recently, whether parenting styles truly (as psychology apparently states) rub off on their kids future parenting styles. My parenting style for when I have kids (if I do have kids, which I want xD).

Basically the parenting style I'm going to take, is not a forceful one like I grew up in, but one where I show my kids the importance of making the right decisions by making them develop their thinking skills. For example, if the child is fighting on getting up to go to school tomorrow, I won't force him to get ready, I'll give him an option. Either he goes to school, or he doesn't get his favorite food / candy / getting to do his favorite activity. I'll leave him to make the choice.
Same thing with somewhat lesser things such as, if it's cold outside and he doesn't wear a jacket, I won't make him wear the jacket, i'll let him be cold. Then he'll learn that during cold it's important to wear the jacket.
This way, when he grows up, he'll be able to hopefully view situations from a logical standpoint and think "hmm, if I do this, something bad might happen, so i'll do this instead". If he thinks like this, then it will rub off on everything that he does, and hopefully he won't become lazy like me xD.
Of course when he gets to his early / mid teenage years (most likely around the age of 13 - 15) I'll give him freedoms of media, (meaning what music he listens to, what he watches).
One thing I'll most likely stress in parenting is how peer pressure is bad and how he should be himself and how changing yourself to become socially acceptable isn't a good thing.

What do you guys think?
Also what parenting styles do you plan on using?
Back to top Go down
https://therelaxationzone.forumotion.com
Flyyyyy
Administrator
Flyyyyy

Male Scorpio Goat
Birthday : 1991-10-25
Activity Points : 4733
Favorite Activities : Drinking
Favorite Game : Super Smash Bros

Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:40 am

^well this is obviously the ideal parenting style taught in universities and stuff, but trust me, its frustrating as fuck watching stupid kids do stupid things.

Plus this method doesnt always work, sometimes there are things you just can't let a kid do to learn that it's bad (eg running into a busy intersection, jumping the tiger's fence at the zoo). Some activities a kid may not want to do because it is unappealing but should do for health reasons (eg eating vegetables, bathing, etc.). Some things youre going to have to force your kid to do.
Back to top Go down
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:44 am

Flyyyyy wrote:
^well this is obviously the ideal parenting style taught in universities and stuff, but trust me, its frustrating as fuck watching stupid kids do stupid things.

Plus this method doesnt always work, sometimes there are things you just can't let a kid do to learn that it's bad (eg running into a busy intersection, jumping the tiger's fence at the zoo). Some activities a kid may not want to do because it is unappealing but should do for health reasons (eg eating vegetables, bathing, etc.). Some things youre going to have to force your kid to do.

I know there's going to be situations like that, but i'm talking about the situations where danger and such isn't a factor.
Back to top Go down
Erthefrarg

Erthefrarg

Male Scorpio Pig
Birthday : 1995-11-02
Activity Points : 4670
Favorite Activities : fapfapfapfapfap
Favorite Game : Spyro 3, Mario Sunshine, Pokemon

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 5:11 am

the best parenting method i think is wearing condoms. i fucking hate kids.
Back to top Go down
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Erthefrarg wrote:
the best parenting method i think is wearing condoms. i fucking hate kids.

I lol'd
Back to top Go down
Hala

Hala

Female Leo Rat
Birthday : 1996-08-21
Activity Points : 4749
Favorite Activities : Being the monster I am living under your bed. And hugging everyone.
Favorite Game : Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:33 pm

My friend Dylan told me I should solve things with pillow fights when/if Im a mum, winner gets 5 minutes off time out. xD
Back to top Go down
http://satanic-stardust.tumblr.com/
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Hala wrote:
My friend Dylan told me I should solve things with pillow fights when/if Im a mum, winner gets 5 minutes off time out. xD

That... is awesome
Back to top Go down
Hala

Hala

Female Leo Rat
Birthday : 1996-08-21
Activity Points : 4749
Favorite Activities : Being the monster I am living under your bed. And hugging everyone.
Favorite Game : Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:23 pm

ZXoftheDarkness wrote:
Hala wrote:

That... is awesome
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://satanic-stardust.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?   Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your opinions on parenting styles? Will your parents choices affect your parenting style if you have kids?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Relaxation Zone :: General Discussion :: Life-
Jump to: