The Relaxation Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Relaxation Zone

Come here and just talk about anything to anyone, unwind, listen to some music, play some games, and just relax.

HomeSearchLatest imagesnyanyanyanRegisterLog in

Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5189
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception Empty
PostSubject: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Well, I have been rather addicted to the band Motionless in White lately (along with Blink 182, but that's a completely different genre lol)
I watched their music video for their song "Immaculate Misconception" then looked up the lyrics.
It's a song written about something that barely anyone dares to write about (anyone who gets a lot of attention anyways, and Motionless in White have a pretty big fan base.
First, watch the video then read the explanation of the video / lyrics that I have typed out below.

The song is directed towards bands / artists who claim to sell music in the name of their god and then act like scum off stage. It's also directed towards people who are prejudice because they can't understand who people are and try to shove their beliefs down the throat of others (such as the protesters in the video).
It's basically a giant, heartfelt insult towards people who take what he believes and twists it to make money and then shit on everyone else. The symbolism of the thorn crown being slammed on his head is basically a reference to the biblical stories about the Roman persecution of Jesus. I have to say, even though I'm an atheist, the way he defends his beliefs is honest and true and I majorly respect him for this.

What did you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://therelaxationzone.forumotion.com
Hala

Hala

Female Leo Rat
Birthday : 1996-08-21
Activity Points : 4749
Favorite Activities : Being the monster I am living under your bed. And hugging everyone.
Favorite Game : Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

PostSubject: Re: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 pm

I like Scissorhands (The Last Snow) from them but this song is lovely as well X3
Back to top Go down
http://satanic-stardust.tumblr.com/
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Hala wrote:
I like Scissorhands (The Last Snow) from them but this song is lovely as well X3

I like Immaculate Misconception better than Scissorhands, but it's still a damn good song.
Back to top Go down
thomas

thomas

Male Pisces Buffalo
Birthday : 1997-03-13
Activity Points : 4648
Favorite Game : SSBB

PostSubject: Re: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Pretty cool lyrics, but honestly, I would call this song terrible Mad
The screaming just... ugh. It's like.... dissonant and out of pitch and stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 am

thomas wrote:
Pretty cool lyrics, but honestly, I would call this song terrible Mad
The screaming just... ugh. It's like.... dissonant and out of pitch and stuff.

He's actually an epic screamer, can't you feel the power behind his vocals (although I agree that sometimes they are a bit overproduced)
Back to top Go down
Flyyyyy
Administrator
Flyyyyy

Male Scorpio Goat
Birthday : 1991-10-25
Activity Points : 4733
Favorite Activities : Drinking
Favorite Game : Super Smash Bros

PostSubject: Re: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:27 am

Yeah, i have to agree with shuck... i mean thomas Very Happy . I do like some screaming but this was a little over the top for me. He was out of key and off tempo. But hey, maybe thats just his interpretation. id have to listen to a few more songs to really judge this band
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception   Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motionless in White - Immaculate Misconception
Page 1 of 1