The Relaxation Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Relaxation Zone

Come here and just talk about anything to anyone, unwind, listen to some music, play some games, and just relax.

HomeSearchLatest imagesnyanyanyanRegisterLog in

Black Veil Brides - We Stitch These Wounds [Album Review]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder
ZXoftheDarkness

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 5188
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Black Veil Brides - We Stitch These Wounds [Album Review] Empty
PostSubject: Black Veil Brides - We Stitch These Wounds [Album Review]   Black Veil Brides - We Stitch These Wounds [Album Review] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:26 am

We Stitch These Wounds by Black Veil Brides

Reviewed by ZXoftheDarkness on June 5th 2011
Reposted on February 4th 2012

Album Artwork:
Black Veil Brides - We Stitch These Wounds [Album Review] Westitchthesewounds
Genre - Hard Rock / Post-Hardcore

Music Staff:

Black Veil Brides:
Andy Biersack (Andy Six)- lead vocals, lyrics, keyboards, piano
Jake Pitts - lead guitar, rhythm guitar
Jinxx - rhythm guitar, lead guitar, violin, vocals
Ashley Purdy - bass, vocals
Sandra Alvarenga - drums, percussion

Additional Musicians:
Troy Roe - vocals
Alec Bieke - vocals
Matt Bishop - vocals
Marcos Delgado - vocals
Kristen Johnson - vocals
Casey Namhoe - vocals
Justin Rodriguez - vocals
Danielle Rolon - vocals
Angelique Salcedo - vocals
Alicia Vigil - vocals

Production Crew:
Blasko - producer
G. Preston Boebel - producer, engineer, mixing
Dave Casey - sound design
Josh Newell - vocals, producer, engineer, mixing

Introduction: This band proves a very interesting point, that a lot of people judge artists based on how they look rather than their music. They were inspired by 1980 glam metal acts, they can dress the way they want to, who cares how they dress, it's about the music, and after giving this album a few listens, I was satisfied. It definitely has its flaws, but it's a well rounded debut album, it was well done, and definitely had its highlights. Let's go and look at the album track by track.

Song Titles:

No.TitleLength
1."The Outcasts (Call to Arms)" 0:30
2."We Stitch These Wounds" 3:59
3."Beautiful Remains" 4:13
4."Children Surrender" 3:11
5."Perfect Weapon" 4:07
6."Knives and Pens" 4:15
7."The Mortician's Daughter" 4:11
8."All Your Hate" 3:10
9."Heaven's Calling" 3:19
10."Never Give In" 3:09
11."Sweet Blasphemy" 3:56
12."Carolyn" 4:37
13."Knives and Pens" (Acoustic)4:51

Track 1: The Outcasts (Call To Arms):
Just a small introduction track with a message. No music in it.
Track Rating: N/A

Track 2: We Stitch These Wounds:
Oh my.... was not expecting this to be the opening track. It opens up with harmonizing guitars, great sound effects and some blazing drums. Then it goes deeper into the instruments, then the vocals come in. I have to say, this is one of my favorite tracks on the album. The instruments, the vocals and the effects go really well together to create one hell of a good song.
Track Rating: 8.5/10 (Very Good)

Track 3: Beautiful Remains:
The guitarists really stand out in this song, they make this song absolutely amazing, the vocals aren't that bad either, but they also seem slightly monotone, with the exception of the screaming, which is rather good in this song. The back up chorus fits in really well as well. They have a melodic tone going on in this song, which is what I really enjoy about this song.
Track Rating: 8.3/10 (Very Good)

Track 4: Children Surrender:
One of the weaker songs on the album, particularly in the vocals, which seem rather monotone in this song and bring down the song just a bit. However the instrumentals are rather top notch, especially the drums, I actually looked up the tabs for this song because I wanted to know if it was as fast and complex as the drummer made it sound.
Track Rating: 7.2/10 (Good)

Track 5: Perfect Weapon:
Another great song, the melodic harmonies, the guitar, the vocals, everything in this song is just awesome. The evil laughter provided by Andy leading into the guitar solo is chilling and really adds to the effect of the song. Definitely recommended (It also has a pretty sweet music video to go along with it). Check it out!
Track Rating: 8.6/10 (Very Good)

Track 6: Knives and Pens:
This song has a powerful message behind it. Andy Six did a really good job writing and singing this song... I felt inspired while listening to it. I feel like in this song he is far ahead of the instruments actually, however, I like how the guitars were harmonized with his voice. Highly recommended on this album.
Track Rating: 8.9/10 (Very Good)

Track 7: The Mortician's Daughter:
Again, Andy's songwriting really sticks out to me in this song... This guy is a natural born writer, his writing makes you feel, even without the music. Now when you add the music in... It's breathtaking. This song is an acoustic masterpiece with violins, pianos, soft guitar, and calm vocals. My favorite track on the album hands down, and this song is also in my Top 25 song list.
Track Rating: 9.4/10 (Amazing)

Track 8: All Your Hate:
I really wanted to like this song... I really did, but it just seems like an annoying rehash of all the other songs on this album. Not that much of a fan of it... Also the vocals annoyed me in this song.
Track Rating: 5.4/10 (Average)

Track 9: Heaven's Calling:
Great guitars... not much else, an average track on the album.
Track Rating: 6.1/10 (Above Average)

Track 10: Never Give In:
I know i'm gonna get a lot of rage for this from fans, but I wasn't that big a fan of this track, it just seems like they were held back slightly in this song. Even the instruments (bar the guitar solo later in the song) felt subdued. They could have done better.
Track Rating: 6.3/10 (Above Average)

Track 11: Sweet Blasphemy:
This track I can tell will mean a lot to people. This is my second favorite track on the album. The chorus, instruments and melody really stand out in this song. Everything is top notch in this song, this song probably has the best instrumental work on the album bar "The Mortician's Daughter".
Track Rating: 9.2/10 (Amazing)

Track 12: Carolyn:
This song has a slight country style to it. I like the change in style, it fits the song pretty well. The instruments fit, and surprisingly, Andy's voice fits really well. Check this track out, it's a great track, but it's worth listening to, as it has a good melody as well.
Track Rating: 9.1/10 (Very Good)

Track 13: Knives and Pens (Acoustic) (Bonus Track):
A bit of an average addition to the album. However the instruments were pretty relaxing. Andy's voice wasn't as good as usual. It seemed like a clone of the actual knives and pens, he didn't add that much to this new version. Also the "woah woah woah" in steady of the long "woah" in the original made this acoustic sound rather goofy to be honest. I don't recommend this one that much.
Track Rating: 3.2/10 (Not Good)

Overall Album Rating:
7.107 (Good)

Final Words:
Some songs just don't work on this album... (Perfect Weapon, Knives and Pens (Acoustic) and All Your Hate. However... Every song on here that has a melody is breathtaking. Maybe face melting songs aren't Black Veil Bride's thing, however... They definitely have a massive amount of talent and potential just waiting to be unlocked. Let's see if they can pull it off in their next album, for now, this was a strong debut album, better than what I was expecting..
Back to top Go down
https://therelaxationzone.forumotion.com

Black Veil Brides - We Stitch These Wounds [Album Review]
Page 1 of 1