The Relaxation Zone

Come here and just talk about anything to anyone, unwind, listen to some music, play some games, and just relax.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsnyanyanyanRegisterLog in

Share | 

Who do you want to win the presidential election?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder

Male Aries Rooster
Birthday : 1993-04-09
Activity Points : 2839
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping
Favorite Game : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

PostSubject: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm

To be honest, I'm fine with anyone that isn't Obama. Although I would prefer Ron Paul

Michael Vampire avatar and Sasuke signature made by me

Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://therelaxationzone.forumotion.com
LightningSpike
Global Moderator

Male Sagittarius Pig
Birthday : 1995-12-16
Activity Points : 2364
Favorite Game : Team Fortress 2

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 pm

I would have to say Obama. It's not like I think he's a god, but he's better than anyone on the Republican ticket. Mitt Romney is a liar, so is Gingrich, and Ron Paul is absolutely insane.

Sure, Ron Paul has some good ideas, but a lot of his ideas are nuts. He is also homophobic and doesn't believe in evolution.

Head Admin / Founder

Male Aries Rooster
Favorite Activities : Writing, Listening to Music, Graphics Design, Modding, Gaming, Watching Anime, Hanging with Friends, Singing, Photography, Music Composition and Sleeping

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 pm

LightningSpike wrote:
I would have to say Obama. It's not like I think he's a god, but he's better than anyone on the Republican ticket. Mitt Romney is a liar, so is Gingrich, and Ron Paul is absolutely insane.

Sure, Ron Paul has some good ideas, but a lot of his ideas are nuts. He is also homophobic and doesn't believe in evolution.

The problem is though, we're pretty fucked if Obama stays in office
The deficit under Obama is triple all of the other presidents in US history combined.
If Ron Paul is homophobic and doesn't believe in evolution then he has lost my vote for being incredibly narrow-minded.

Back to top Go down
LightningSpike
Global Moderator

Male Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:47 pm

ZXoftheDarkness wrote:
LightningSpike wrote:

The deficit under Obama is triple all of the other presidents in US history combined.
If Ron Paul is homophobic and doesn't believe in evolution then he has lost my vote for being incredibly narrow-minded.
Part of the reason the deficit is so big under Obama is because he put debts that Bush kept off the books on the books, several trillions worth of debt, almost all of it being from the war that Bush put us into.

Another big thing is Congress. Congress, as it is now, is a bunch of old men who are more worried about party lines and money than the good of the people. So, let's say Obama has a good idea and tries to get it through Congress. Doesn't pass because of lobbyists and party lines.

I mean, let's face it, the government is broken right now because we the people are out of touch with the government. As the whole SOPA thing shows, we CAN make a difference, but it all really depends on if we WANT to make a difference.

Just some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LightningSpike
ZXoftheDarkness
Head Admin / Founder

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:55 pm

LightningSpike wrote:
ZXoftheDarkness wrote:
LightningSpike wrote:

Part of the reason the deficit is so big under Obama is because he put debts that Bush kept off the books on the books, several trillions worth of debt, almost all of it being from the war that Bush put us into.

Another big thing is Congress. Congress, as it is now, is a bunch of old men who are more worried about party lines and money than the good of the people. So, let's say Obama has a good idea and tries to get it through Congress. Doesn't pass because of lobbyists and party lines.

I mean, let's face it, the government is broken right now because we the people are out of touch with the government. As the whole SOPA thing shows, we CAN make a difference, but it all really depends on if we WANT to make a difference.

Just some thoughts.

Wow I didn't know that, what I'm mostly concerned about is if we can get rid of PCIPA and ACTA, and whether Obama plans to support those.

Back to top Go down
thomas

Male Pisces Buffalo
Birthday : 1997-03-13
Activity Points : 2298
Favorite Game : SSBB

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't care about politics at all. The only thing I care about are exotic animal and internet legislation. Banning the ownership of large pythons and boas, venomous animals, etc.

Head Admin / Founder

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm

thomas wrote:
I don't care about politics at all. The only thing I care about are exotic animal and internet legislation. Banning the ownership of large pythons and boas, venomous animals, etc.

Everyone who is a teenager / young adult cares about that XD

Back to top Go down
linkthebeast

Male Gemini Dog
Birthday : 1994-06-17
Activity Points : 2237

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm

LightningSpike wrote:
ZXoftheDarkness wrote:
LightningSpike wrote:

Just some thoughts.
First off, smartypants, the president never declared war, seeing as that would be circumventing the Constitution. Secondly, Obama DID circumvent the Constitution by forcing Catholic places of employment to offer contraception, when contraception is against church doctrine. As the First Amendment clearly states, there is a separation of Church and State. The reason so many people came to the new world, or America if you will, in the first place was to escape the very religious persecution that is AGAIN happening today. The mainstream media is hating' on Santorum because he openly states that he is a Roman Catholic. While I don't agree with EVERYTHING he says, I feel he is right on many things. I'm not a homophobe, so don't even start with me, but I personally don't believe homosexuals should be allowed to be married in a church where it is recognized as immoral to practice it. One thing I do disagree with Santorum on, however, is that there shouldn't be a separation of Church and State. The reason the Framers put in the Constitution was so that the Government could neither impose upon any religion, or impress any religion upon the people. What Obama did in the healthcare bill that allowed the Government to impose laws upon Catholics is Unconstitutional, immoral, and wrong. Also, along with the deficit, it was once again, the DEMOCRATIC Congress that did not allow tax breaks through. Lets look at some numbers:
47% of Americans DO NOT pay income tax at all.
That means that this Country is running on the income taxes from 53% of the nation. Seeing as taxes never solved a thing, I don't understand why people think more taxes on those 53% will help anything. Because this is a consumer capitalistic economy that we have in this country, more taxes cause people to shelter their money, causing everything to go boom. If we would have lower taxation rates in America, then we would have more people spending more money, and more money going into the federal deficit. This would mean less taxes, which would mean EVEN more money being spent, which would reduce the time that our generation will be paying off the deficit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LightningSpike
Global Moderator

Male Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:09 pm

How about we put more taxes on the 1%, who relative to how much they make, pay almost NOTHING in income taxes compared to the normal american. Don't give me all the trickle down bullshit either, they're just keeping the money for themselves and outsourcing the jobs.

I agree taxes are too high on the average american, but they are MUCH too low on the rich and elite. We also need stronger regulation over businesses. I don't mean controlling I mean we need to keep them in line, so we don't have more Fannie May and Freddy Mac type bailouts.

tl;dr
lower taxes for the average person, raise them for the rich and we need stronger regulation.

Head Admin / Founder

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Government regulation almost always fails, it's failing for any government owned business.
Even the Post Office is nearing bankruptcy at this point.
I just want Obama out of office, bloody hell.

Back to top Go down
LightningSpike
Global Moderator

Male Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:51 pm

ZXoftheDarkness wrote:
Government regulation almost always fails, it's failing for any government owned business.
Regulation =/= government owned

Neutral

Head Admin / Founder

Male Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 pm

LightningSpike wrote:
ZXoftheDarkness wrote:

Neutral

Half the time, Government regulation unfortunately means government owned. At least thats how the government thinks.

Back to top Go down
LightningSpike
Global Moderator

Male Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 pm

ZXoftheDarkness wrote:
LightningSpike wrote:
ZXoftheDarkness wrote:

Neutral

Half the time, Government regulation unfortunately means government owned. At least thats how the government thinks.
Government, thinking. Ha!

PostSubject: Re: Who do you want to win the presidential election?   

Back to top Go down

Who do you want to win the presidential election?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1